Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tostadas

It has been 2 long moths since I have updated this blog and it is about time it has a few new recipes added to it. I have been MIA because we moved across the country and it has taken this long to get into our new home and settled. I have missed blogging especially food blogging and look forward to doing it again on a regular basis. Anyway, tostadas are so quick and easy and taste wonderful. What can I say anything Mexican is amazing. These are very simple you just need to remember to put beans in the crockpot in the morning or you can even use a can of refried beans and then add all the toppings your heart desires.
 
Tostadas
Refried beans(recipe found here)
pico de gallo(tomatoes. onion. jalapenos chopped and mixed together)
cheese
avocados
lettuce
Salsa
Limes
Fried corn tortilla(fry a tortilla in oil until crispy and golden brown)
 
Take a fried corn tortilla and top it with beans, cheese, salsa, pico de gallo, lettuce, lime, and sour cream. Just whatever you desire and you pick it up and eat it with your hands or you can eat it with a fork. You may also eat Spanish rice with them as shown in the picture. My recipe for the rice is found with the link I put up for the beans!! Enjoy!!
 
 

1 comment:

Elly May said...

Man I haven't had these in forever! So yummy! Scared to make them though...they won't taste as goodas yours