Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apricot Chicken

This is really yummy and so so so easy!! You must try it!! I got this recipe from my Sis in Law Stephanie. My kid ate this up really fast. We serve it with roasted green beans but would be good with any vegetable. The whole dish was almost gone before I remembered I didn't take a picture so this is not a very great picture but trust me this is worth making!!

Apricot Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts,(you can leave them whole chop them in strips or dice it up. My husband said I should chopp it up in thin strips like you get in Chinese restaurants so that iswhat I will do next time
about 8-12 oz of apricot jam-I used about 10 oz.
1-16 oz. bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
Sliced almonds or pecans(optional for on top when you serve it)
Cooked Rice

Place the chicken in a 9x13 pan. Slather the apricot jam all over the top of the chicken, Pour the whole bottle of dressing on top of chicken and jam. Sprinkle with the Lipton onion soup mix and Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

This is what it looks like before putting it in the oven:



This sounds like it would be really sweet but trust me it isn't. It is just the right amount of sweet!! Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds wonderful, just like something my children would gobble up!!