Monday, April 27, 2009

Black Bottom Cupcakes

My sister in law Rachel gave me this recipe. These are so yummy!! Most people like them without frosting but I prefer them with frosting so you choose. I usually frost them with a homemade chocolate ganache. But they are still tasty just by themselves.
Don't those look tasty?

Black Bottom Cupcakes
Cake:
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1 T. white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt

Filling:
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut(if you don't like coconut you can leave this out)

Mix all the cake ingredients until combined. Fill lined muffin tins up about 1/3 of the way full. Next mix all of the filling ingredients together and place a Tablespoon of filling on top of each cupcake like this:

Bake at 350 for 24 minutes. I only had to bake mine for about 16 minutes so it depends on the oven. I love these with the coconut in them but some people don't like coconut so do it without the coconut they are just as good!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

These look SO good. Yum!

priscilla joy said...

Mm, looks so good! Love one right now!

Aubrey said...

Ooh, thanks for posting this. I was bugging Rach for them the other day. They are so good. You're doing a great job on this blog, I love it! keep up the good work. :D

The Recipe Blog said...

Oh these look naughty and yummy. I'm glad I found your blog. Glad you like mine, too. :)