Friday, August 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake

CHEESCAKE!!! Is as I have said before my most favorite treat ever. For my birthday we always have cheesecake instead of cake. This by far is the best cheesecake I have ever made!!(even better than the pumpkin one) I have had this recipe marked to make for a long time but I was waiting for a special occasion to use it for. It was one of my dear friends birthday a couple weeks back and her husband was gone for it so I invited her and her kids for dinner and dessert. She requested cheesecake and I decided now was the time to try this recipe. I mean this said dear friend was in the delivery room with me while I had my baby 9 months ago because my husband was gone at the time. She listened to me yell out in pain(because said baby came way too fast for an epidural or any pain medication for that matter)So I decided this was the least I could do to make up for that. It was a hit to say the least!! Her oldest son(11) said it was the best cheesecake he has ever had!! Now that is a compliment!! So if you want some compliments get in the kitchen right now and make this for your loved ones!! Oh and so I don't forget I got this recipe over at Mel's Kitchen Cafe..Just like so many of my other recipes!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Crust:
4 T. butter, melted
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs(or you can use chocolate cookie crumbs) I prefer the grahams cracker
1/4 cup sugar

Filling:
5 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1 tsp flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream(you may use light but not light cream cheese)

Cookie Dough:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1- 1 1/2 cup flour(I had to use 1 1/2cups)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
an additional 1 cup mini chocolate chips to fold into batter with cookie dough balls

For the cookie dough: Cream the butter and the sugars until creamy and fluffy. Add the milk
and vanilla and blend. Mix in the flour and the chocolate chips. The dough will be fairly soft but you don't want it too soft so add a little more flour if you need to. Roll the dough into small balls(about teaspoon sized) and place them on a wax lined plate or cookie sheet and freeze while you are making the rest of the cheesecake.

For the crust: Lightly grease the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan. Combine the butter sugar and crumbs and mix well. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.

For the cheesecake: With you mixer or hand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar, on high speed, until smooth. Add the eggs and flour and mix till smooth. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix just until blended. Be careful not to overmix because that causes the cheesecake to crack when baking. Pour half the batter into the prepared crust. Gently stir in the cookie dough balls and chocolate chips into the remaining batter and dump into the pan and spread out evenly. Bake the cheesecake at 325 degrees for one hour. Turn off the oven and leave the cake in for 30 more minutes, without disturbing it. or opening the door. Remove from oven and let cool completely and then let sit in fridge overnight before serving. Serve with REAL whipped cream and store leftovers in the fridge.

as you can see mine cracked a little but nothing a little dollop of real whipped cream can't hide!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so welcome to try out this recipe again when we come for dinner... ;)

Hannah Eliason said...

oh dear that looks delicious!