Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Zucchini Bread

Summer is in full bloom here and those of you who grow gardens know that if you plant zucchini you always have it coming out your eyes and ears. Now where we live I can't plant a garden(i would if I could)but several of my friends do and they always give me a lot of stuff from there gardens that they can't eat. I sure do love being able to have that and am thankful they are willing to generously share with us. I was given a bunch of zucchini the other day from my friend Tami and after we had some for dinner I decided to make zucchini bread with the rest of it. Now I didn't have a zucchini bread recipe in my Arsenal so I decided to go looking for one. Not a single one really jumped out at me so I just made this one up on my own and it was so yummy!!Your kids won't even know there is zucchini in there unless you tell them. So If you love zucchini bread and you have it coming out your ears give this bread a try it won't disappoint!!!
Zucchini Bread
 1 1/2 cup butter(don't substitute for anything else)
 2 cups sugar
 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup greek yougurt
 4 tsp vanilla
 4 cups grated zucchini(skin and all no need to peel it)
 4 c. whole wheat flour
 2 c. flour
2 T. cinnamon
 1 1/2 tsp salt
 2 tsp baking soda
 2 tsp. baking powder

Cream the softened butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. add the eggs and mix well. Add the vanilla and greek yougurt and mix well. Stir in the zucchini. In a another bowl mix all the dry ingredients until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and just stir until combined. Do not overmix. Pour into greased bread pans and Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
Makes 5-8x4 inch loaves.
Just cut recipe in half if you don't want so many loaves.
They do freeze well or you can give some to your neighbors. They will thank you!!!

1 comment:

JessicaP said...

I made this for Gracie's birthday cake and put a cream cheese frosting on it and it was amazing. Thanks Jessie for sharing your talent with all of us!!!