Thursday, May 12, 2011

Savory Roasted Potatoes

I saw this recipe over at Life as a Lofthouse and just new I had to try them out. I have had a bag of potatoes I have been needing to use but was tired of all my old potato recipes. This one was simple and delicious and not to bad for you either. You do use olive oil but hey it is the good fat for you!!!!

Savory Roast Potatoes adapted from Life as a Lofthouse
1/4 spicy brown or dijon mustard(I used spicy brown because that is what I had)'
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T. minced garlic
2 tsp dried crushed rosemary or 1 T. fresh rosemary chopped
1 t. Kosher Salt
1 t. black pepper
2-3lbs potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes(any kind I used regular because that is what I had but new red potatoes would be awesome)

Heat Oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk everything together except the potatoes. Dump the potatoes in and toss till all potatoes are coated well. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet. Spread in a single layer. Bake for 50-55 minutes, turning potatoes every 20 minutes until desired crispiness is achieved. Serve with grilled meat or we had a vegetarian meal and ate these as the main dish with steamed veggies(broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Jessie!! Glad you tried em! We loved them so much. That's what I thought about the olive oil too.. It's good for you, right!? lol :)

Coleens Recipes said...

I am on a CONSTANT search for good potato recipes, so this is great, thank you for sharing.