Monday, September 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

These were so yummy especially if you love peanut butter and chocolate!!! I got this recipe from Coleen's recipes. I adapted it a little bit. I am sure they are great the original way but I love butter in my cookies and she used crisco so I changed that and they still turned out wonderful. These are so easy to make but yet so yummy!! They are a great bake sale item or a great cookie to put in your child's school lunch!!

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies adapted from Coleen's Recipes

1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 -3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
36-48 peanut butter cups or caramel cups(I used both and I prefer the caramel cups)

Preheat oven to 350.Cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour and baking soda and mix well. Pat the dough into a regular size muffin tin till each cup is half full with dough. Bake for 10- 11 minutes. Take out and immediately press a peanut butter cup or a caramel cup in to each cookie. Let cool in the muffin tin for about 3- 5 minutes. Wait to eat them until the cup sets back up or eat them my favorite way:

When the chocolate is still gooey!! I think that this idea would be good also if you made a chocolate dough and then put mint cups in the middle or even the caramel ones!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh yum!! I have done something like this with Rolos, and they are to die for. Now I'm salivating!

Lara said...

I totally tried to make these cookies the other day, but after starting realized I didn't have Crisco or a mini muffin tin. I'm such a wimp when someone says, "no substitutions" I never even thought of trying butter instead. I ended up trying another pb cup cookie (today's post), but still can't wait to try these!

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm so glad you tried these. The cookies will work with either butter or butter flavored Crisco, however, the cookie part stays crisper and "behaves" better when you use the butter flavored Crisco.
I'm glad you liked them.

Jilly Bean said...

May I please just be one of your kitchen taste testers? I want to try your yummy treats...but I don't want to make them. Today I'm feeling all pregnant and wanting to just sit down and eat a whole big batch of something chocolately and gooey...and not feel one twinge of guilt or regret about it!

Unknown said...

oooh how did you know these were my favorite! haha These look just delicious! Scrumptious I tell you! And so easy!