Monday, November 24, 2008

Jessie's Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So I can officially say I have created my own recipe!!! I love pulled pork and have never made it before and thought why don't I. I have had a pork roast in our freezer that I have needed to use so yesterday I cooked it and we made pulled pork sandwiches. It was so yummy!! My husband ate 2 1/2 of them. Not that making pulled pork is that inventive or creative but I am proud to say I did not use someone elses recipe for it. The only thing my husband would have like different is for it be be a little spicier!! I didn't make it that way because of the kids but next time I told him I would put a little bit of kick into it!!


Here is the kids version of it!! We also had grapes and carrot sticks and homemade french fries they just aren't pictured.

Here is the adult version~with avocados, spicy brown mustard, and carmelized onions. MMmmmmm...... I can still taste it!!


Jessie's Pulled Pork Sandwiches
1-14 oz can beef broth
1 cup your favorite bbq sauce plus 1-18 oz bottle
4-5 lb pork roast
2 T. liquid smoke
2 tsp. each of Cajun seasoning, black pepper, and salt
1 T. minced garlic

Rub the roast with the cajun, salt and pepper. Place in crockpot. Cover with the beef broth, 1 cup bbq sauce and garlic. Cook on high for 5 hours. Then turn it to low and cook for 3 more hours. Pour the juices off of the roast but save one cup of juices to mix back in with the pork. Shred the meat with two forks. Pour reserved juices over meat and the 18 oz bottle of bbq sauce~or just enough to make it as saucey as you would like. Serve on toasted buns with mustard, avocados, and carmelized onions!!!




This is what our meat looked like after being shredded and having the bbq sauce added.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Again - YUM. I bet the caramelized onions just added to the flavor. I wish I had a pork roast in my freezer right now.