Friday, October 23, 2009

Beef Tacos

So I am one of those people who has always use a taco seasoing packet to make taco meat. Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe posted, about a week ago, a recipe for taco meat not using a sodium loaded taco seasoning packet and I knew that I had to try it out. Can I tell you that they were fantastic and so much better than a taco packet I think from here on out I will never make another taco recipe. My family loved it as well.
Ground Beef Tacos adapted from My kitchen Cafe
1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (don't worry this won't make it too hot don't forget to use it it adds to the flavor)
2 tsp minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
1 T. chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp corriander (this is optional Melanie said but I used it and it was so good)
1/2-3/4 tsp salt
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
Cook the beef, onion, jalapeno, and garlic until meat it no longer pink. Add the chili powder, cumin, corriander and salt and cook for a minute or two then add the can of tomato sauce. Let simmer gently for 10-20 minutes. Serve in hard or soft tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.

1 comment:

Coleens Recipes said...

I've been hungry for a good taco lately. Thanks for sharing this recipe.