Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beef and Mac Bake



This is a quick and easy meal. I make it when I am short on time. Cause you throw everything together in one pot or baking dish to cook. My family enjoys this and I always let my kids choose which kind of pasta to use. They chose shell pasta last night.

Beef and Mac Bake
1 lb. ground beef or you can use ground turkey or chicken
1 lb. your choice of pasta
1 onion, chopped
3 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 quart tomato juice
1 normal sized can condensed tomato soup
1-2 cups shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese

Brown the ground beef with the onion in a skillet. Drain the grease off and place ina large bowl. Dump the pasta in the same skillet that cooked the beef and brown it like this:


Then dump it in the bowl with the beef. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Pour into a large baking dish, dutch oven/cast iron pot and Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Great with a green salad and garlic toast.

1 comment:

Donna-FFW said...

My children would adore this dish!!