Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blackened Chicken Sandwiches

I found this easy yummy recipe on another recipe blog but I misplaced which blog I got it from so to whomever I got this from the credit is all yours but I am so sorry I forgot where I got it from. My family really like these little sandwiches. I will be making them again and I think I will try them with tilapia or some kind of fish also. We put mustard, mayo, tomatoes, lettuce, avocados, and cheese on these babies. Well I didn't put mayo because I don't really like it or miracle whip but the rest of my family has to have it in their sandwiches.

Blackened Chicken/Fish Sandwiches
4-4 oz. Chicken tenders/breasts or fish (I made sure my chicken was thin)
1-2 T olive oil
1 1/2 T paprika
1/2 T salt
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1/2 T. sugar
1/2 T. pepper
1/2 T. oregano
1/2 T. cayenne or cajun seasoning~I used cajun because I was all out of cayenne I reccommend cajun if you don't like it too spicy
1 tsp. Thyme

Mix all the spices together in a little bowl. Pat the meat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle all the meat with the seasonings and rub into both sides of the meat with your fingers until coated well on each side. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until no longer pink. Eat on homemade buns(or store bought) with lots of yummy veggies!! Enjoy!

This is what the chicken looked like before putting it on the sandwich:


This a great recipe for those hot summer days when you don't want to heat the house with the oven. Serve these sandwiches with fresh veggies and dip and fresh fruit!!!

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This looks like an absolutely gorgeous sandwich! Love the blackened spices!!Delicious!

Jinny and Mick said...

I have been craving chicken sandwiches lately, I'm going to try those they look so good.

Stefanie Raynes said...

I have to tell you I just LOVE your blog. Everything looks SUPER delicious!