Monday, September 21, 2009

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

This recipe is so easy and yummy!! There are 7 ingredients in it and you dump it all in a crockpot and let it cook all day!! Here is a recipe for those of you who like to fix it and forget it!! May kids ate this up quick!!

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts(thawed or Frozen)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon lime soda but I only had an apple soda in the fridge so that is what I used(I don't think it matters what kind other than don't use grape/mountain dew or orange
2-3 T. minced garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon pepper

Place chicken in the crockpot. Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and dump over chicken in crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. About 10 minutes before serving it. I thickened the sauce with cornstarch because we like a little thicker sauce. I cooked mine with frozen chicken breast on high for about 5 hours. I shredded the chicken a little bit with a fork also. You can leave it whole if you like big chunks of chicken. I cooked my rice with a can of coconut milk in it. I replaced some of the water used to cook the rice with the coconut milk. It gave the rice a good flavor. I also added Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)on top of my chicken and rice because I like it spicy. If I didn't need to serve it to my kids I would have added it to the crock pot.



9 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Your photo looks delicious!! That is MY kind of comfort food.

Desta said...

Ok, si I was going to do a chicken crock pot recipe from a ward member today, but now I'm totally doing this! Does it have to be soda or could I use juice?

Hannah Eliason said...

Yummy. I'm really thinking I need to try those peanut butter cup things too.

redkimo said...

That sounds so nummy! I have got to try it today!

Desta said...

I went ahead and used lemon juice and turned out awesome! It has definitely earned a spot in the rotation. We put crunchy chow mein noodles on it and loved it. It was actually Zoe's idea!

Lacee said...

This looks so yummy, I was actually looking for an easy recipe since we have the missionaires comin' tonight. So you have FHS PB bars?! I was actually thinking about them the other day, so delish, I'll have to try those too. Do you happen to have a recipe for another FHS fav, mexican cheese rolls?

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

We just made this tonight! It is going down as one of my favorite chicken dishes EVER!! YUM!

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Today is my 2nd time making this and I am dying from the yummy smell coming from my crockpot!!! Can't wait to eat it tonight and then have leftovers tomorrow for lunch!!!