Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Root Beer Float on a Stick

I saw this recipe over at Recipe Shoebox and just knew I had to make them. I made them for a get together for the fourth and man were they a hit!!! These were so yummy and so easy and they truly taste like a root beer float. My kids loved them so much I made another batch for them today!!! We have to survive the hot and humid weather somehow. Thanks Lara for such a great recipe!!!

Root Beer Float on a Stick adapted slightly from Recipe Shoebox

Cream layer:
1 cup heavy cream(lara used whole milk i had cream or 1% milk so I opted for the cream)
3 T. Sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together and pour 2 T. into the bottom of 13 (3 oz) dixie cups. Put in freezer for 1 hour. Take out and place sticks in them.

Mix the root Beer layer ingredients together:
3 cups root beer
1 cup sweetened condensed milk

Then pour evenly over each cream layer in the 13 dixie cups(or popsicle molds)Put back in the freezer for 3 hrs or until solid.
This made 13-3 oz size dixie cups.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed them too! :)

Erin said...

we made these yesterday and loved them!
erin
http://eatingmywayback.blogspot.com

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

I made these for dessert last night and they were a BIG hit!