Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cheesecake

For those of you that don't know me, CHeesecake is my all time favorite treat!!! There is simply nothing better to me than a cool creamy piece of it with some kind of fruity topping drizzled all over the top. Anyway, I saw this cheesecake recipe at Coleen's Recipes and thought I would give it a try. Man was it so good. Now I have made a lot of cheesecakes but I think this one (other than the pumpkin cheescake I have posted before) was the best I have had. My hubby even gave it the two thumbs up!!

Cheesecake
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
4 (8 oz each)pkgs of cream cheese at room temp.
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cream
4 eggs, room temp.
1 cup sour cream
1 T. vanilla
1/4 cup flour

Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and press into a 9 inch springform pan. Beat the cream cheese, add the sugar and mix until creamy and smooth. Beat in the cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating only to incoporate. Mix in the sour cream, vanilla and flour and mix till well combined. Pour over the crust. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is almost set. Turn off the oven and let sit in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Take out let the cheesecake come to room temp than put in th fridge overnight or for 3-4 hours until chilled. Serve with your favorite toppings or just plain.


We had ours with Lemon curd and blueberry pie filling.(i just hadn't put the blueberries on yet) So so yummy!!

3 comments:

Jinny and Mick said...

Jess this looks so good! It looks perfect, too. I'll need your tips sometime on how to get it to not sink in or bubble.

Smitty n' Chelle said...

man, I wish we lived next door to you, I would be over there having a big piece right now! it is my all time favorite dessert too! strawberries on top is my favorite

Steph said...

Holy cow...that is so beautiful! I wish I lived next door too :)!