Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cookies!! Cookies!! And More Cookies!!!


I needed to make cookies for my cousin's mision homecoming today so I thought I would share the 3 cookie recipes I used. They are all so yummy!! I made Monster, chocolate peanut butter chip, and chocolate chip. I didn't post a picture of the Monster cookie dough but you can see how they look by the picture here. Remember for a good cookie make sure the dough is not to sticky and you are able to roll it in balls without getting dough on your hands. you shouldn't have to scoop them onto a cookie sheet with a spoon. They are not drop cookies. Also, cook your cookies at a lower temp. for a longer period of time and then you have a better chance of not over cooking them.

(this is how the cookie dough should look . The dough should not stick hardly at all to your hands when you roll it in balls.)
The Best Chocolate chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter softened Note: only use butter nothing else;butter makes the best cookie
1 cup sugar
1cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4-5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1-2 pkg. Chocolate chips-I use two because we like lots of chocolate. I also use one semi sweet and the other milk chocolate
Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Add vanilla and mix well. Mix in flour, soda and salt until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake on a cookie sheet at 315 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Do not let them turn brown. Just till they are golden in color. Take out and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
*I know everyone claims to have the best recipes for chocolate chip cookies but believe me this is the best*



Chocolate Peanut Butter chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2-3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt.
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips
1 pkg. peanut butter chips

Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the vanilla and mix well. Mix in the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt until well combined. Stir in Chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet and Bake at 315 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before taking off.

Monster Cookies
1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

2 cups quick cooking oats

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

2 cups mini M&M's or regular ones

1 pkg. semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

Cream butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs. Add the vanilla and mix well. Mix in the flour, oats, powder, and soda until well combined. Stir in the M&M's and the chocolate chips. Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet and bake @ 315 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Do not over bake and let cool on sheet for 5 minutes.

Hope you enjoy and also remember that butter makes the best cookies. Not shortening or margerine!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love how you say that your choc chip cookies are the best ones! I'll have to try the recipe. And I agree about the butter vs. margarine thing.

Carol said...

Ok Jessie i'm gonna be watching for you to get a show on the food network someday. :) But seriously I'm glad that you started this blog cuz I'm always looking for new recipes.

Swensen Family said...

This is such a fun blog...I keep peeking in often and keep thinking that I will have to try that, and that, and that!!! You are a great mom!

Linford Family said...

I tried your pumpkin waffles and they were SO yummy! I could eat all things pumpkin. I used whole wheat flour and liked that the recipe didn't call for oil-it was pretty healthy! Kade loved them too. Thanks!

Romney Family said...

Thanks for all your comments and compliments!! I am so glad that you liked the waffles Megan~they are our favorite!! I have a brother in law that isn't a big pancake or waffle person and he really liked them the other day when I made them.

Kim said...

I just made your best chocolate chip cookies ever and they are very yummy! I had just a little semi-sweet and then about 1/4 bag milk chocolate and 1/2 bag butterscotch. Thanks for your blog!