Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

Last night we had a family get together with my husband's family. I made a big batch of these and they were all gone except for these two in the picture. I know most of you probably have a recipe for these but My husband's cousin asked me if I had the recipe on my blog and I didn't yet so I am posting this for you Denise!!

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
2 cups sugar
2 cups karo syrup
2 cups peanut butter
13 cup rice krispies
1 1/2 bags milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Combine the sugar and Karo syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil take off the heat and add the peanut butter and stir until peanut butter is melted and well combined with sugar/karo mixture. Dump the rice krispies in a large bowl and mix with the peanut butter mixture until well combined. Spread in a large greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle all the chips over the top and place under the broiler (in the oven) until chips start to look shiny 2-4 minutes. Take out and spread all over the top with a knife. Let the chocolate set until firm. Cut into bars. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

We have a recipe very similar to this we call O Henry Bars and it is one of my family's very favorite treats!

Donna-FFW said...

These look absolutely delicious!! What a perfect treat!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

ooooh yummy. you will have to make us some yummy treats when we are there. we love you baking!!! those look like they would hit the spot!!! Can't wait to see you guys!