Monday, August 24, 2009

White Chocolate Molasses Cookies

I got this recipe from my Husband's aunt!! They are so yummy especially with vanilla ice cream. She makes them with out the white chocolate chips and I have made them both ways and they are so good either way. I have also made them with wheat flour and you can't even tell. Don't mind the picture it is bad and I was in a hurry so I didn't chill the dough. the cookies raise better and aren't so flat if you chill the dough first.

White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cloves
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 pkg. white chocolate chips(optional)

Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the molasses and vanilla and mix. Add all of the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips if desired. Chill the dough for 2 hours. Roll into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Put on a greased cookie sheet and Bake at 320 for about 10 minutes or until done. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes than take them off the pan. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

RazakFamily said...

I ADORE molasses cookies...and would never have thought to add White Chocolate Chips...I'm so trying them!!!

Coleens Recipes said...

What a fascinating combination. I certainly wouldn't have thought of putting white chocolate with molasses but I can see how it would be a great fit.

Lara said...

I never would have thought to add white chocolate to gingersnaps either, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a try! Yum!