Friday, July 10, 2009

Garlic Toasted Spaghetti Pie

I found this recipe over at the Picky Palate and decided I had to try it. It was good but next time I make it I will make some changes to it that will make it even better. My kids loved it and my husband not as much because the bottom crust got soggy from all of the spaghetti so next time I will only top the pie with crust not the bottom too. I liked it but I wasn't a fan of the store bought french bread dough so next time I make it I am going to make it with my calzone crust on the top of it!!. It really is a fun and different way to eat your spaghetti so if you need I new way to eat it I reccommend trying it this way!!
it

Garlic Toasted Spaghetti Pie
1 lb spaghetti noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
2T. garlic, minced
1 large can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 can(15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 T. dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cube beef boullion
1 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese~I used a mixture of both
1/4 cup paremsan cheese
2 T olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 roll Pillsbury French Bread loaf or 1 recipe of my Calzone dough(which I reccomend)

Preheat oven to 375. Cook the pasta according to the directions. drain and set aside. Brown the beef in a large pot with the onion and garlic until no longer pink. Drain the grease off. Add the cans of tomatoes, parlsey, basil, oregano, salt, pepper,and beef boullion. Bring to a boil turn down heat and let simmer for a little bit. the longer it simmers the better the flavors but you decide or you can just use a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce~but come on that just isn't as good as homemade sauce!! When sauce is done Mix the noddles in with it and mix well. Spray a springform pan well with cooking spray. dump the spaghetti in until almost full but leave room for the crust(i had a little bit left over that didn't fit in)Sprinkle the spaghetti with the cheeses. Roll out the calzone crust or the french bread into a thin circle and place on top of spaghetti and cheese.(you may not need all of the crust) Brush the olive oil over the crust and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake fore 20-25 minutes or until the crust is cooked an golden brown. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.




Doesn't that look yummy!! I just think it made a great picture!!

5 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Its not only a great picture, but it makes me hungry!!! How delicious does that look?!?!?

Lara said...

That looks completely amazing. I know my family would devour this.

Hannah Eliason said...

Can't wait till ya get here next week! You gotta cook me some yummy stuff!

RazakFamily said...

I love checking to see what Yummy things you come up with...I was wondering - do you have a good cheesecake CRUST recipe? I have a great filling one, but my crust tastes funny... And I knew if anyone would have a good one, it would be yoU :)

Jessie said...

Jaci~if you look under my desserts link and find the pumpkin cheesecake link~click on it and there is a really yummy crust recipe. I use this crust recipe for almost all cheesecakes. It has gingersnaps and graham crackers in it!!