Saturday, November 15, 2008

Caramel Chip Bars

Chocolate and Caramel, what could be better?

Now if this doesn't make you want to jump through the screen and eat it I don't know what will. I got this recipe for these bars off of a local talk show here. They have a cooking segment and a local viewer submitted this recipe. I tried it and it has become one of our favorite desserts!! The original recipe calls for a yellow cake mix but you can make it with a chocolate one also. This is the first time I have made it with a chocolate and I almost like it better but for those of you that don't like that much chocolate it is very very yummy with a yellow cake mix.



Caramel Chip Bars
1 box yellow or chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 pkg. mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips
1 heath candy bar, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1-14 oz pkg caramels
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

In a large saucepan, mix the butter caramels and sweetened condensed milk and cook over medium low heat until melted and can stir it smooth. Meanwhile, mix the cake mix oil and eggs together. Add all the chocolate chips and candy bar. Mix well. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 320 for 12 minutes. Take out and let cool for 10 minutes. Pour the caramel mixture over the cake layer and then by teaspoonfulls sprinkle the caramel with the rest of the cake mixture. Bake for another 20 -25 minutes. You can also serve these with ice cream!!


Hope you enjoy these!! and Happy Baking!!






3 comments:

Alicia Alee said...

Ha ha ha! How about we swap?! I would love to come to your house and sample all of those delicious recipes! You are one talented chica yourself! I am definitely going to have to start trying them out, although I know they won't turn out nearly so good as yours! :) That homemade soup with rolls looks SOOO delicious! How is your cute little family?

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice comment today. I've found so many yummy things here on your blog that I want to try. And I can tell you have good cooking in your genes because my dinner rolls are almost identical to your Mom's- and I roll them out just like you! How funny. These brownies look devilish, I wish I had one right now for breakfast, lol

Talia said...

Oh yum! I LOVE caramel and chocolate!! And Heath candy bars. Did I mention I have a sweet tooth?! I will definitely have to try this out. Thanks!!!