Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Green Bean Chicken/Fried Rice

We love Chinese food around our house but I have a hard time finding recipes that are really tasty. I did find a good sweet and sour chicken one and now I have found this one. It was suppose to be General Tso's chicken but I don't think it taste like the General Tso's chicken at Chinese restaurants. It was good non the less and you can add lost of red pepper flakes to it to make it a little spicer and redder in color but I didn't because I knew my kids wouldn't eat it if I did so I just added Siracha Chili sauce to mine right before I ate it. My kids gobbled this up. So if you like chinese food give it a try.

Green Bean Chicken
2 T. Cornstarch
1 cup cold water
1 lb green beans or snow peas, washed,trimmed and cut
1 T. minced garlic
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced or 1 tsp ground ginger
6 T. brown sugar
6 T. soy sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes(optional I didn't use because of my kids)
3 large egg whites
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
3 T. cornstarch
1 lb, boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1inch or smaller pieces

In a large bowl stir together the 2 T. cornstarch and the cold water until smooth and cornstarch is dissolved. Add the green beans or snow peas, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes;toss to coat and set aside.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs whites, 3 T. cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.

In a large skillet, heat 2 T. of oil Lift half of the chicken mixture(shaking off excess coating) and add to the skillet. Cook, turning occasionally until golden and chicken is cooked through(8-10 min) Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken. Set aside. Add the green bean mixture to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the beans are desired tenderness and sauce has thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Serve over steamed rice or Fried Rice.

Fried Rice
2 T. oil
1 onion
1 T. minced garlic
6 cups cooked white rice or basmati rice(cold or day old rice works best)
6 T. soy sauce or enough to taste
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
5 cooked eggs(scrambled)

Heat oil in a large pan or wok, add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender.Add the rice and cook stirring occasionally. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chicken bouillon and cook a few minutes more. Add the frozen corn and peas and the cooked eggs and heat through.

2 comments:

Panda said...

Jessie: I just LOVE this food blog. Keep 'em comin and thanks!

The Daily Smash said...

So good made them both for dinner last night. We all loved it I put it on my blog and told people about your great blog. Thanks again

Ashley
www.thedailysmash101@blogspot.com