Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shrimp (or Chicken) Scampi


I got this recipe from my mom. I made it last night and it was quite tasty. If you don't like shrimp I did it with chicken. It was good also but I think I like the shrimp better. If I make it with chicken, next time I will grill the chicken instead of cooking it in the butter and olive oil like I did the shrimp. It will give the chicken a better flavor and color. If you like all kinds of pasta you should try this recipe. It is simple and good.

Shrimp Scampi
1 T. salt plus 1 1/2 tsp.
3/4 lb linguini
3 T. butter
2 1/2 T. olive oil
1 1/2 T, minced garlic
1 lb. raw shrimp or more if you like more
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley or 1 T dried parsley
the zest of a lemon
1/4-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice(about 2-3 lemons) I used a 1/2 cup but the recipe calls for 1/4.
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional if you like it spicy add it if you don't don't)

Cook the linguini with 1 T of salt according to the pkg. directions. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet. Then add the olive oil. Add the garlic and saute for a minute then add the shrimp, 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and cook until the shrimp is pink. Add the zest of the lemon, lemonjuice, parsley, and crushed red pepper flakes and mix well. (it should look like the pic above) When noodles are cooked, drain them and then toss them with the shrimp mixture. Serve with lemon slices for garnish and with some parmesan cheese.
I would have posted a pic of the chicken one but it didn't look as good so just imagine this with grilled chicken on top!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Mmmm. I just ate lunch but I'm hungry again looking at these pictures!

Elly May said...

Boy was that scampi good. I will have to tell mom to add more lemon juice. Made a big difference!

Anonymous said...

I made this for my husband and I on Valentines Day! It was wonderful! The only thing I did different was doubled the sauce! It was SO YUMMY! Great job on this recipe I will be making it again and again!

I also posted the recipe on my blog http://acountrygirlslivin.blogspot.com with a link to your site! Thank you for sharing it was wonderful!