Friday, October 31, 2008

Sugar Cookies!!


I just love a soft sugar cookies. I don't want anything to do with the crispy ones. Anyway, so if you are like me and love the soft sugar cookie this recipe is for you. They are so good!! My friend from college~Angela gave me this recipe.

The Soft Sugar Cookie
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon extract(if you don't have any just use more vanilla but this really add a great flavor to the cookies)
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
4 cups flour

Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffly. Add the eggs. Mix in the vanilla and lemon extract. Add the dry ingredients and sour cream alternately ending with the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour. Note: the dough will be a little bit sticky but that is how it should be because you are going to chill it to make it firm and then when you roll out the dough you use flour so it won't stick so more flour gets in the dough when you roll it out!!


Then roll out the dough and cut with desired cookie cutters.


Place on a greased cookies sheet. And Bake at 325 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Do not let them turn the least bit brown or golden except on the bottoms. They will be over cooked if you do.
They should look like this:
Then frost them with your favorite frosting. I prefer cream cheese frosting but use whatever you want. It is way better if you make your frosting from scratch. I won't know if you don't but believe me it makes all the difference.













3 comments:

Carol said...

I can't keep up with all of your good recipes. The cookies look really yummy. But I am seriously going to make the ham and bean soup this week. I love that kind of soup and your recipe looks so good. Thanks for sharing all of these fun recipes.

Elly May said...

Heaven bless Angela for these awesome sugar cookies. I made the shrimp scampi and Daniel loved it. But I doubled the lemon juice and it didn't taste as lemony as yours...maybe it was the lemons.

Jinny and Mick said...

I must have omitted in my recipe that you're supposed to refrigerate it! Geez, I always wondered why they never quite turned out as good as yours. They probably won't anyway, bt that might help