Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chocolate Banana Bread/Muffins

I found this recipe from Coleen's Recipes. She made the bread but as I was making it I decided that I would make them muffins because my kids and hubby tend to eat things better when they are individually wrapped and you don't have to cut or whatever. YOu can just grab some and go. Anyway, I thought the recipe looked good and they turned out really well. My kids and I have been having them for a treat each day. I made them a little bit healthier and I couldn't even tell the difference and my family loved them but then again when can you go wrong when it involves chocolate.

Chocolate Banana Bread/Muffins adapted from Coleen's Recipes
1 1/2 -2 cups mashed bananas(about 4 bananas)
3 T. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
8 T. milled flax seed(can find at walmart by the flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips(Coleen used mini one but I only had regular)
1 cup pecans( I didn't add these)

Beat all of the wet ingredients and sugar together until well combined and smooth. Beat in dry ingredients just until combined then stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake the bread at 350 in a greased loaf pan-(60-70 min), lined muffin tin-(20 minutes), or mini loaf pans-(25-30 min.) Mine made 12 regular muffins and 6 jumbo muffins.

1 comment:

Coleens Recipes said...

What a great idea to make them into muffins!! I'm glad you enjoyed the taste, they really are good. I also like your changes...very well done!!