Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THAI PEANUT CHICKEN

This recipe was really good. My husband said it reminded him of Thai curry. It was simple and easy because you cook it in the crockpot.I recommend trying this and don't worry about the peanut butter you don't even taste it. It just blends in with all the other ingredients. My kids loved this meal as well. I adapted this recipes from Here.


THAI PEANUT CHICKEN adapted from Mmmcafe.blogspot.com
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups salsa (any kind)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 T. minced garlic
1 onion chopped
4 T. fresh lime juice or the juice of 2 limes
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1 can coconut milk
Cilantro and and peanuts for garnish(optional)

Place all in the crockpot except the coconut milk, cilantro and peanuts. Cook on High for 4-5 hours. Remove the chicken and shred. Return to the crockpot, add the coconut milk and let it cook for another hour. Serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro before serving. My husband and kids don't like the peanuts so we left those off but we did use the cilantro.


This is what it will look like before putting it over rice:

This is so yummy!! Try it!!

2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

OMG!! The ingredients sure do sound yummy. I love peanut butter/ginger inspired dishes. LOOKS TERRIFIC!! I must try this one!

Alicia Alee said...

This looks so good! Yummy! I will have to try this one! I love that you included a pic of the chicken before it was on the rice.. very helpful! :o)