Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pizza Joes

I saw this recipe over at Recipe Shoebox and knew I had to try it. I changed a few little things just because I like to. These were so easy to make and they tasted really good. It was nice to have a change from you regular old sloppy Joe. My kids loved them!! We served them with Fresh veggie(carrots,broccoli,and cauliflower) and tater tots. If you want a quick simple dinner that you know your kids will eat give this one a try. Thanks Lara for sharing it with us!!


Pizza Joes adapeted from Recipe Shoebox
1/2 lb ground beef (you may also use ground turkey or chicken to make it healthier)
1/2 lb sausage
1 onion, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
Optional:chopped red, green, yellow or orange bell peppers. I had a half of three of these that i needed to use so I did.
1(14 oz) jar pizza sauce
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1 cup chopped pepperoni
Cheddar, Mozzarella, or pepper jack cheese
6 buns~I used a french bread bun and they were great but what ever you have would work just fine

Brown the beef and sausage with the garlic, onion, and peppers until meat is no longer pink. Add the pepperoni and saute for about 5 minutes more. Add the pizza sauce, oregano and basil and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-20 minutes. Serve on the hot toasted buns topped with cheese.
Doesn't that look tasty!! It is like pizza on a bun with a lot less work!! don't get me wrong pizza is still better but for a quick dinner this is great!! What can I say we love cheese!!!


Note: I think if you like mushrooms or other veggies on your pizzas they would work great in this recipe. Make it your own to what your family and you like on pizza!!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm so glad you liked them! :)