Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pizza Hut Pan Pizza

Let me tell you folks that this pizza is THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA we have ever had!!! Believe me I have tried a lot of pizza recipes and never have i had one that is better. My husband said please don't make any other pizza ever again!!! I found this awhile back on pinterest and since then we have made it 3 times. Now this is not a skinny pizza recipe it is full fat and full flavor but as I have said before it is pizza Pizza isn't the most healthy thing in the world so on the occasion that you make it make it as the recipe calls don't alter it or it won't be as good believe me I have tried. All things in moderation is my motto. This crust is buttery, crunchy bottom, tender, delicious, and easy to make!!
Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup dry milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 T. sugar
1 T. yeast
2 T olive oil(for dough)
6 oz. melted butter and 3 oz olive oil, mixed(for the pans 3 oz per each pan)
Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in the bowl of your mixer. Add the water and stir well to mix. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast bubbly. Add the oil and stir. Add the flour one cup at a time and mix until dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surfaced and knead for about 10 minutes(I do this in my kitchen aid with the dough hook) Dough should be smooth slightly tacky but not stick to your hands. After you knead it divide the dough into three balls. In three 9 inch round cake pans or cast iron skillets, put 3 oz or the oil butter mixture into the bottom of each and spread it out evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a 9 inch circle and place in the buttered cake pans. Cover with a plate. Place in a warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. After it raises slather with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. Bake at 475 degrees for about 30 minutes or until all the crust is golden brown and cheese it bubbly!!!
Note: I triple the recipe so that we have enough for the 3 cake pans and 2 cookies sheets for cheesy breadsticks(recipe for those coming later)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Jessie, this was SO good. I made it tonight and the whole family gave it rave reviews. Thank you so much for this recipe!

Unknown said...

Could you tell me what cheese you used, it looks really good.