Monday, November 28, 2011

Sour Cream Waffles

My kids and hubby could eat waffles everyday and well I could too but we usually only have time for them on the weekend unless we wanted to get up at 5 am and that just isn't going to happen we get up early enough as it is to get my kids on the bus by 6:30. I have a wonderful waffle and pancake recipe already well actually I have two one is here but I am always looking for ways to change it up. When I stumbled across this recipe on a friend Emily's food blog(she has some great recipes go and check them out here) I knew I had to give it a try and man were they good. Not the least fattening but oh so good!! And lets face it once you slather those waffles with butter and syrup they aren't that healthy for you anyway. If you want a new way to fix waffles give these babies a try!!

Sour Cream Waffles
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour(you can use white if you like)
2 T sugar
2 T. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter, melted
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
6 large eggs

In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, mix the butter, buttermilk, sour cream, and eggs. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until mostly smooth, don't overmix. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray(do this for each batch of waffles you put in). Enjoy with butter and your favorite waffle toppings.

No comments: