Monday, July 13, 2009

Lemon Poppyseed Cake

My sister's birthday was last week and I made this cake for her. I have made this cake a couple times before. This is such a great, easy and yummy cake. It is so great especially in the summertime. If you need a quick and easy cake to take to a party or potluck this is it!! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser!!



Lemon Poppyseed Cake

1 lemon cake mix

2 small boxes instant lemon pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup poppy seeds

Mix all of the ingredients for 5 minutes. Pour into a greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. When cooled completely frost with a Lemon Glaze: 2-3 cups powdered sugar and 3-5 T. lemon juice. Whisk together until reaches desired glaze consistency. You may need more or less lemon juice depending on how you like it.



Cut and Serve!! Is so yummy with fresh berries along side it also!!

4 comments:

Tina Butler said...

Thanks for stopping by MK. You cake looks beautiful. I love pound and bundt cakes. I do hope you try the rolls soon you wont be disappointed at all. I am a follow now.

Elly May said...

Thanks again for the cake Jess! We sure did enjoy it!

Lara said...

Oooh, I love anything with lemon in it. It looks amazing!

Coleens Recipes said...

This looks VERY moist! I really enjoy this kind of recipe. Thanks for posting it.