Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

I saw this recipe at the Pioneer Woman website. I wanted a simple easy pasta for dinner and this hit the spot. My family really like it too and it is so hard for me to find new pastas that they will eat. They only seem to like red sauce and alfredo sauce so this was a win win for me because I like all kinds of pasta. I adapted the recipe a little bit and really like the outcome. If you want something quick for dinner give this one a try.

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce adapted from Pioneer Woman
2 T. olive oil
2T. butter
1 onion, chopped
1-2 T. minced garlic
1 large(28 oz) can and 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
dash of sugar
1 cup cream
grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp dried basil(fresh if you have it) I didn't so I used dried
1 lb pasta if you like lots of sauce like me and 1 1/2 pounds pasta if you don't like as much sauce

Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is tender. Pour in the tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, sugar and basil if using dried basil. Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in the cream and Add desired amount of cheese and basil if using fresh basil and heat through. Cook Pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the pasta sauce and stir. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Erin said...

This looks so good! As soon as I can eat dairy again, I want to try it.

Have you tried Our Best Bites guiltless alfredo sauce? I had a blog friend yesterday blog about how she made the recipe and she ranted and raved. I want to try that one too!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/guiltless-alfredo-sauce.html

The Daily Smash said...

Yummy I think that I could make everything on your entire blog mmm makes me hungry just looking at it.

Ashley
www.thedailysmash101@blogspot.com