Friday, January 9, 2009

Manicotti

I tried another new recipe last night. It turned our really good!! My kids and hubby loved it. I have made Manicotti before but I found this recipe and it was a bit different from the one I had so I decided to try it. We all liked it better than my other one.I recommend trying it especially if you love Italian food like we do!!


MANICOTTI
1 pkg Manicotti shells, cooked according to package directions
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder or onion salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
Fresh spinach, minced (optional) I didn't use it this time because we had a spinach salad with the manicotti but I recommend putting it in because it is another good way to get your kids to eat their veggies!!
4 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese

Cook the manicotti. While manicotti is cooking, mix the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, spices, and spinach together. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture until full. In a 9x13 inch pan pour half of the sauce in the bottom. Place the filled manicotti on top of the sauce. Then pour the remaining sauce over the pasta like this:

Sprinkle top with 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover the pan with tin foil. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Uncover and cook for ten more minutes. Serve with garlic french bread and a lettuce salad!!!
*** I have a great marinara sauce recipe. Check my side bar for the link and you can use that one. It is the spaghetti and meatball link!!

2 comments:

Hannah Eliason said...

Love that stuff. Sure wish I had the time/motivation to make it:(

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com