Monday, November 24, 2008

Chocolatey Centered Brownie Bites


Does that look like heaven or what? I know, I know not all of you love chocolate but I do so this is a recipe for all you chocolate and brownie lovers out there. I got this idea off of the Picky Palate. She used a boxed brownie mix but I don't like brownie mixes really so I made my favorite brownie recipe and then followed Picky Palate's recipe after that. Her website is http://www.picky-palate.com/. I again cannot take the credit for this fabulous idea!! But alas, it was too good to not let everyone know about it!! She also called them something different but I don't remember what!!

Chocolatey Centered Brownie Bites
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 large hershey's or symphany milk chocolate candy bars~broken into chunks
9 fun size butterfinger candy bars crushed~I placed the candy bars in a ziploc bag and crushed them with a rolling pin.

Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs and mix until well combined. Add the flour, cocoa, salt and vanilla and mix until well combined.

Then fill muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray up halfway with batter and place a chunk of chocolate from a large candy bar in the middle of each on and press it down.

Then place more batter over the candy bar chunk. Till the muffin cups are almost full with batter. Then Sprinkle the top of each brownie bite with crushed butterfinger candy bars. Like this:

Place in a 320 degree oven for 27-30 minutes. I did mine for 27 minutes and they were perfect each time.







4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my word. These look SO good. Who doesn't like chocolate?!?

RazakFamily said...

holy cow - where do you come up with these awesomely yummy treats?!?!

redkimo said...

Hi, I know you don't know me but i found your blog from my friend Michelle Smiths blog and I just want to tell you that I want to try ever recipie on your blog! They all look so nummy. Thanks so much for sharing and for the great pictures too.

Romney Family said...

Redkimo~thanks for your comment. Michelle is married to my bro and you are more than welcome to check this out whenever. Tell anyone you want about it. That is what I am doing this blog for!!!