Monday, June 15, 2009

Ranch Chicken and Oven Potatoes

We tried this new chicken recipe the other week. It turned our really good. I usually make parmesan chicken and I thought I would try something just a litte bit different. The kids really like it because it was like having chicken strips but way healthier because they are baked not fried!! We ate these with Oven fried potatoes which we absolutely love!!

Ranch Chicken
1 cup bread crumbs
2 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1/3-2/3 cup sour cream
4 chicken breasts~cut into strips or you can leave them whole

Mix the bread crumbs and dressing mix in a shallow pan or bowl.. Coat the chicken with the sour cream. I did this with a silicone brush. Then dip the chicken in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Place on a greased cookies sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.


Oven Potatoes

3-5 large baking potatoes or about 1 1/2 -2 pounds red potatoes, cut in chunks
Kosher salt
Black pepper
McCormick Roaste garlice and herb seasoning
Parmesan cheese
1/4-1/3 cup olive oil

I don't measure any of the ingredients. I just eyeball it. I put the cut potatoes in a ziploc bag. Add the desired amount of seasonings and parmesan cheese. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and mix till coated well. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until potatoes tender and crisp.

3 comments:

Erin said...

My mouth is seriously watering just looking at those potatoes! It looks like I am going to have to go buy that garlic & herb seasoning!

Jill said...

I love that Ranch chicken! However, I can't wait to try the oven potatoes. My mouth is watering, just like Erin, for those potatoes!

Panda said...

...your fam is so lucky! what a good cook you are.