Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cream Cheese Banana Bread!!!


My friend, Andrea, emailed me the other day and wanted to know if I had a good banana bread recipe. I have tried many different recipes but I like this one the best. It is so yummy and has a streussel topping that makes it extra tasty. So if you are looking for a new banana bread recipe try this one!! You can make it in loaves or as muffins as shown above!!


Cream Cheese Banana Bread
3/4 cup butter
8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
1 T. flour
1 T. butter, softened
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Add eggs and mix just until combined. Add flour, powder, soda, and salt and mix well. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla until well combined. Pour into loaf pans or muffin tins. Sprinkle with streussel topping and Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

This is what it should look like before going in the oven:


Note: I would double the streussel topping but that is just me. I like the sweet crunch on the top!! I have also left out the nuts in the streusel and it is just great that way to for those that don't like nuts.









2 comments:

Linford Family said...

Hey Jessie, I am just wondering if this recipe makes 2 loaves or 1? Thanks, I am going to try it-the cream cheese in it sounds great.

Romney Family said...

it makes two loaves!!