Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

Oh how I love a warm cinnamon roll dripping with cream cheese frosting. Brings me back to my childhood. My mom use to always make them for us and she by far made the best cinnamon rolls ever. I have tried for a few years to master them and I can finally say that I have. These are too die for and I even got the thumbs up from my hubby, whose mother also makes a wonderful cinnamon roll. He is hard to please when it comes to them because he does not like them too gooey or undercooked as he calls it in the middle. Anyway, this recipes take a while for the rising process but believe me is well worth it. YOu will love every bite.


Cinnamon Rolls
1/4 cup warm water
1 T. yeast
1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tsp
1 cup whole milk(no substitutes)
1/2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
1 large egg (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
Filling:
1 stick softened butter
1 -1 1/2 brown sugar
5 T. cinnamon

Add yeast to water with the 1 tsp sugar and let sit for 10 minutes or until yeast is bubbly and foamy. Add in all the other ingredients in the order given and knead till a soft dough is formed. Grease a bowl put dough in a let raise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch down the dough and roll out to 15x24 inch rectangle. Spread the stick of butter over the dough leaving once inch along the 24 inch side free of butter(because this is where you will seal the dough up)Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon over the buttered dough. Roll it up tightly.Seal the roll with the clean edge of dough. Cut into 15 rolls. Place in greased pans. Cover and let raise for 1 hour. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Frost with powdered sugar glaze or with Cream cheese frosting.
Frosting:
1 (8 oz. ) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
enough milk to reach desired consistency. More milk if you like it more like a glaze and less if you like it thick.

Spread all over the warm cinnamon rolls. ENjoy!!!

2 comments:

The Daily Smash said...

Yum these look amazing!!

Unknown said...

I still haven't found the perfect cinnamon roll recipe but yours look and sound delicious. Bookmarking to make soon! :)