Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

This past week I had some Zucchini that I needed to use up before it went bad and so I decided to make some muffins. I have a chocolate zucchini cake recipe and thought that chocolate zucchini muffins would be so good. So I came up with this recipe. These are so good they taste more like a cupcake than a muffin. My husband said they were way better than any cupcake I have made. He ate them with whipped cream all over the top but the kids and I enjoyed them plain. These are excellent warmed up in the microwave for about 20 seconds before eating!!Now don't those look tasty!!!

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
2/3 cup unsweetend baking cocoa
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp white vinegar
1 stick butter, melted
2 cups grated zucchini~i peeled mine as well but with my cake recipe I don't so you choose

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, vinegar and zucchini together. Add this mixture, along with the melted butter to the dry ingredietns and mix till well combined. It is best to mix these by hand rather than with a mixer. Spoon batter into greased-lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take out and let cool or eat one right out of the oven~~ Yummy!!!


Here is the inside of the muffin~not the best picture but believe me these are so tasty!!
I made star ones for the kids~you can get these foil liners in any grocery store. I have even found them at the dollar store. They are made by Reynolds and come in Stars or heart shapes. You don't even need a muffin tin for them you just place them on a cookie sheet!!


3 comments:

Erin said...

We are growing zucchini right now, so I can't wait until they are ready to try this recipe!

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm happy to get this recipe. Zucchini grows exceptionally well here in Alaska, so I KNOW I'll be using this one, thanks.

Lara said...

I love fun things you can sneak vegetables into. I bet the kids would never even know they were there. Hehe--I'll have to try this one sometime soon. :)