Monday, November 2, 2009

Toffe Chip Cheesecake Bars

I love anything cheesecake and when I saw these over at Coleen's Recipes I knew I had to try them out. These were so easy but so yummy and they taste like you spent more time than you actually did on them. If you like cheesecake give these a whirl plus it is way easier to make cheesecake bars than an actually cheesecake.

Toffee Chip Cheesecake Bars

1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup cold butter
1 (8 oz) pkg softened cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups toffee bits

Combine flour, powdered sugar, baking cocoa, and baking soda. Cut in butter until it is crumbly. Press firmly in the bottom of and ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of toffee bits and pour this mixture over the hot crust. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until set and the very edges just start to turn golden. Cool 10 minutes and then sprinke remaining toffee bits on top. Cool completely and refrigerate until cold. Store in the Fridge.

Note: I also drizzled caramel over it when I ate a piece and let me tell you amazing!! Just for a little added topping!!!

Sorry for so many sweet treats. I will be back with a main dish to share in a few days!!!

5 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I love your sweet treats!

Linford Family said...

mmmm those do look good! Oh and I tried your apple crisp and it was fantastic! definitely one of the best of those recipes I've come across.

Lara said...

Those look completely amazing!

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm glad you enjoyed these, they ARE addicting, aren't they? I like your tweak...yummm!! I noticed that I've been posting a lot of sweets too. I think MY reason is because I've been in a dinner rut lately and haven't made anything exciting for a while PLUS, I enjoy baking more than cooking lol.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh I saw these on Coleens blog and said Im making them. They look delicious!!