Monday, October 27, 2008

Pizza Night!!!



We made yummy pizza about a week ago. I just haven't had time to post this yet. I am one of those people that still enjoys to get pizza from somewhere else other than home but we still make it homemade everyonce in a while.


Pizza Crust

2 cups warm water

2 T. Honey

1 tsp. salt

4 cups flour

2 T. instant yeast

1/4 cup olive oil


Mix the instant yeast with 1 cup of the flour. Set aside. Mix the warm water, honey, salt, olive oil and mix well. Add the yeast flour mixture plus one more cup of flour and mix well. Add the rest of the flour and mix or knead until smooth. Dough should be soft but not too sticky. Place

in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it and let the dough rise until double in size(about 1 hour). Then roll dough out to fit your pizza pan or stone place your favorite pizza sauce and toppings on top and Bake at 400 degrees until dough is browned and cheese is melted.



This is what the dough will look like after it has raised and you are ready to roll it out. This is only half of the dough. This recipe will make 2-3 good size pizzas.


This is the dough on the pizza pan. I forgot to take a picture of it with the toppings before I baked it.
I actually made this one in a large cookie sheet just for a change!! This crust was pretty good!! It is easy so that makes it all worth it.










4 comments:

Erin said...

My stomach is totally growling. This looks so good! And your crust is so pretty too!

Hannah Eliason said...

I promote that pizza wholeheartedly.

Andrea said...

I can't wait to try this one since I know firsthand that your pizza (along with everything else you make) is delectable!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

we are making these tonight. it looks so easy, I hope I can get it right!!