Monday, November 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Rice Krispies

So I know most of you probably have a recipe for these but I wanted to post them anyway. My family and I love these and they are so easy and they are great if you need to take something for a party. You can make a big batch in a cookie sheet or half a batch for a 9x13 inch pan. They are great for putting in your kids' lunches as well.

Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats(for a large cookie sheet)Half the recipe for 9x13
2 cups sugar
2 cups karo syrup
2 cups peanut butter
13-14 cups rice krispies
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 pkg butterscotch chips

In a saucepan, bring the sugar and karo syrup to a boil over meduim heat. As soon as it starts to boil remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. In a large bowl combine the rice krispies and the peanut butter mixture until well combined. Spread into a greased large cookie sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the rice krispies and place under the broiler in the oven until the chips are glossy. Take out and spread all over with a knife. YOu can always add more chips if you want more chocolate on top. I do that sometimes. Remember to watch them closely while under the broiler you don't want the chips to burn just get glossy and melted looking. Should only take a minute or so. Let them cool then cut and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Peggy Clyde said...

We make something similar to these and call them Scotch-a-roos. Thanks for your delicious recipes.

Lara said...

We make a similar recipe that is among my family's very favorites! Anything with chocolate and PB combined is a winner in my book!

Coleens Recipes said...

Delicious!!! The photo just makes me want a big bite.

Unknown said...

oh my these are my absolute favorite! funny that you posted this....b/c a girl i worked with use to make these every friday and since I have moved I have been craving them!! thanks for the reminder!