Thursday, April 14, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken Noodles

We go gaga for anything Chinese or Asian or whatever you want to call it. I found this recipe over at Jamie Cooks it up and adapted it a little to my families taste buds. It was so yummy and easy to put together. You can add any veggies that your family likes to it. I love one bowl dishes and thank goodness I don't have any picky eaters in my house. My little ones will eat pretty much anything I put in front of them as long as it isn't spicy and they absolutely love Chinese type dishes.

Teriyaki Chicken Noodles adapted from Jamie Cooks it Up
2 -3 chicken breast cut up ( I used 2)
1 T. olive oil
1 small onion, sliced
1 T. minced garlic
9 sweet mini peppers, sliced or one red or orange bell pepper sliced
Steamed broccoli and carrots(use any veggies you like such as zucchini, peas, etc.)
1 (16 oz) pkg linguini or spaghetti noodles(use whole wheat to bump up the fiber content)

Teriyaki Sauce:
1 1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
3 T. cornstarch
1-2 tsp Sesame oil

Heat the oil in a skillet, add the chicken and cook until browned and no longer pink. Remove from the skillet. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until crisp tender. Remove from skillet. Mix all of the teriyaki sauce ingredients and pour into the hot skillet and let cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the noodles then mix the noodles with the thickened sauce and with the steamed veggies. Serve immediately.
Note: I like mine spicy so I added a little Siracha chili sauce to mine( you can find this in any grocery store on the asian food isle)
Note: I didn't specify the amount of steamed veggies because you can add the desired amount that you like and that suits your family.

3 comments:

Tami said...

This would be a winner at my house, too. It looks delish!

Tessa said...

We always like Asian dishes around here as well! As long as you have all your ingredients together, I love how quickly they come together too!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

This was amazing! I bought a bag of frozen thai stir fry veggies at walmart to use and I also used whole wheat linguini...turned out amazing! The sauce is so what makes this dish awesome!