Monday, October 20, 2008

Chocolate Truffle Cake

So I posted this cake a few years ago but I made it again for my hubby's birthday just a few weeks ago and finally took a better picture of it so I thought that I would repost the recipe with the better picture plus I am sure some of you didn't even know I had posted this. This cake is delicious and so easy!! One of the best chocolate cakes I have ever had trust me!! if you are craving a chocolate cake go make this one quick!!!!
>Chocolate Truffle Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 stick of butter
1-16 oz container sour cream
5 eggs
1 large box chocolate pudding(8oz)
1 bag chocolate chips (your choice)

Combine cake and pudding mixes. Then create a well in the middle of mixture and dump the sour cream, melted butter, and eggs in. Mix all together until well combined; the mixture will be really thick. Then dump in the chocolate chips and stir. Pour into a well greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Let cool 10 minutes them flip it out onto a serving platter. Frost with chocolate frosting or it is great without frosting as well. Chocolate Chip Frosting 1 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup milk 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips(I use milk chocolate but use whatever you like) 2 tsp. vanilla 1/2 stick butter In a saucepan bring to boil the sugar, milk, and butter and boil for 45 seconds. Take off heat and add the chocolate chips and the vanilla stir until smooth. Let cool for about 10 minutes then spread over cooled cake!!! Yummy!!!!

3 comments:

Smitty n' Chelle said...

hey, I was wondering if you would post the recipe for the white alfredo sauce that you made while we were in MT. It was so YUMMY! thanks!

Hannah Eliason said...

THis has definitely become one of my favorite chocolate cakes!

Casie said...

Thanks Jess! You're a gem!