Monday, September 6, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

They other day I had a lot of bananas I needed to use and wanted a new recipe for using them. I didn't feel like banana bread and in my searching I came across this recipe at Two Peas and their Pod. I knew I had to try them because I love Oatmeal in cookies and who doesn't like chocolate!!! Give these a try you won't be disappointed believe me. Even my kids gobbled them up. I was making them also to take to a bbq we went to so I quadrupled the recipe and it still worked out great!! But I am just giving you the recipe as it is for one batch and it makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. My quadruple batch made about 7 dozen because I make bigger cookies than most people.

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 T. butter(1/2 of stick) at room temp
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 large banana, smashed
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt or just a pinch if you use salted butter like I did
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped up reese's peanut butter cups(I added these to it original recipe never called for it but bananas and peanut butter and chocolate together is so yummy)

Preaheat oven to 350. (I set mine at 330 cause 350 was too hot)So adjust your oven accordingly. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the vanilla and the egg. Mix well. Add the banana and beat well. Slowly add the flour, salt and soda until just combined. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter cups if using them and mix till combined. Drop cookie dough by heaping Tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Mine took about 15 minutes and they were perfect. The banana in the cookie keeps them moist and soft. So yummy!!



1 comment:

Jinny and Mick said...

I am digging those cookies-they look very tasty.