Thursday, March 12, 2009

Homemade Twix Bars

I made these delectable bars about a week ago. They turned out so good other than I would put the caramel on first and then the chocolate next time. They were super simple as well. A good recipe to use for a potluck or party. Look at all that chocolatey caramely goodness. This pic was taken right after I put the chocolate and caramel on. It will set up so they won't be this messy unless you eat them right away.

HOMEMADE TWIX BARS
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 T. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Caramel~i just unwrapped a buch of kraft caramels and melted them with a little butter and milk until smooth and creamy(i melted them in the microwave)

Melted chocolate for the top of the bars~I used a bag of hershey kisses and melted them with a little butter/shortening in the microwave. You could use chocolate chips or any kind of chocolate you like.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and sugars until creamy. Add in the salt and flour;blend well and add the chocolate chips. Press into prepared pan. Bake for about 20-23 minutes, or until golden brown at edges and bubbly in the center. Cool while melting the chocolate and caramel. Spread the chocolate and caramel in any order you want over the bars. Let cool completely then cut into bars!! (I doubled the recipe and put them in a large cookie sheet~the recipe is doubled easily for a larger crowd if you need or cut it in half and put in a 8 or 9 inch square pan if you don't want as many)




Eat them right out of the pan with a spoon!! Yum!! Yum!!!

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

yuummm.

Donna-FFW said...

Homemade Twix Bars!!! Yes, what a find! I bet they are spectacular. Love it!

Jinny and Mick said...

Those look awesome, so do the chicken enchiladas. I shouldn't look at your blog at dinnertime, very hungry now.

Anonymous said...

You're killing me. How can I loose weight when you post pictures of chocolaty caramel-y goodness like this?!?!

Shawnna said...

So, I made these today..haven't tried them yet, they are cooling...but my question is: why do you line the pan with foil? unless i read over that part of the directions..I don't get it!!