Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Taco Soup

I made this chicken soup the other night and the kids and I really liked. It was simple to make because you throw everything in and cook it in a crockpot. If you are short on time and need to fix a meal and forget about it this is perfect~especially with cold weather on its way!!!

Chicken Taco Soup

1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (16 oz) jar any salsa
1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
2 (15 oz) cans black beans
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 T. dried parsley
1 T. chili powder
1 pkt. Taco seasoning
1 onion, chopped
1 T-2T. minced, garlic
3-4 chopped chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot, except the corn. Cook for 5-6 hours on high. 30 minutes before you eat. dump the bag of corn in and cook till corn is heated through. Serve with cheese, avocados, limes, and tortilla strips!!!
I make my own tortilla chips/strips by frying cut up corn tortillas in oil till browned~they are so much better than store bought chips!!

What a great fall supper!!!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I am really excited to try this. Thanks for the recipe!

Coleens Recipes said...

I am anxious to try this. Most other tortilla soups I have seen are mostly broth. Yours looks delicious!!!!!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

It is so nice to be able to look on your blog and make my grocery list / dinner list from it! :)

Donna-FFW said...

This looks so comforting and so flavorful. Love the chunkiness in it. YUM!

Lara said...

Tortilla soup is one of my favorite comfort foods in the winter time. I love how chunky and flavorful yours looks!

Unknown said...

i made this and it has been one of my favorites! Thanks for the recipe!

Romney Family said...

Thank you guys for all your nice comments. I am glad that you all enjoy and use these recipes!!!

Emilee said...

Jessie ~ Lacee and I were just talking and she told me about your Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken recipe. We are both going to make it for dinner tonight. I just printed about 5 other recipes, they all look so good. I hope that everything is going well for you. I'll be checking on your recipes again soon!

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

Making this today! It looks wonderful! Love all the healthy, yummy ingredients! Your recipes look fantastic!