Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pesto!!

We went to a restuarant a little while back and my kids wanted to have pesto. They have never had it before and they loved it. My kids are little so I was suprised that they liked it. Anyway, I realized that I have never made it before so I decided to make some the other night. It turned out really well. My kids loved it and even my Husband the non- sauce lover except red sauce ate it and thought it was tasty. My 3 year old has also eaten it for lunch everyday since we had it until it was gone. So here is my recipe for pesto!! We ate it with bowtie noddles and Tortellini. It is a mixture of both in this picture:


Pesto

.75 oz package basil

1/2 cup fresh parsley

2 T. garlic

1/2 cup pine nuts

1/2 -3/4 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

1-2 handfuls fresh spinach leaves

1/4-1/2 cup olive oil

Mix all except the olive oil in a food processor. Begin adding the oil and mix until all comes to gether to make a thick paste like this:


Then mix with a pound of your favorite cooked pasta and serve with garlic bread, salad and more Parmesan cheese on top. Yummy!!

1 comment:

RazakFamily said...

everything that you put on here looks SO yummy!! I always want to try your recipes, but never have half the stuff on hand that your recipe's call for. Maybe one day when I'm a better mom, and better cook...