Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars

I found the recipe for these on a friend's family blog. I knew that I had to try them out. Man these were so yummy!! I couldn't get enough of them. These are a chocolate lover's dream. I mean they have chocolate chip cookie dough and brownies all baked together then smothered with chocolate ganache. You can't get better than that putting two of the best desserts together into one.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars
Brownie batter:
5 oz semi sweet chocolate pieces
1 stick butter
2 T. baking cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 c. flour

Melt the butter with the chocolate pieces in the microwave.(don't over cook) Mix in the cocoa. Mix in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Stir in flour. Set aside

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add in flour, soda, and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Grease a 9x13 pan and drop spoonfuls of cookie batter into pan, scattering evenly. Pour brownie batter over the cookie dough and even out in pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.

Ganache:
1 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
1 package chocolate chips
In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the cream. Bring to a boil. Take off the heat stir in the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled brownies and even out the top. Let set completely. The ganache will thicken as it cools. Cut into bars and enjoy!!!!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm drooling right now...

Unknown said...

WOW! These look DELISH :) I love your site! I have been stopping by often lately and just started Following! I recently started my own food blog! Check it out if you'd like! www.life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.com

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I made the cheater version of this. Mine DID NOT turn out as yummy as yours looks.
~ingrid