Monday, December 1, 2008

Cream Cheese Pecan Pie


This pie is so wonderful especially if you love pecan pie and cheesecake. It is a mixture of them both. I made this for Thanksgiving along with pumpkin pie. This one was by far the hit at the festivities. I will be making this every Thanksgiving for now on. Don't mind the picture to much. I am still figuring out my oven. It cooks things faster on top then it does on the bottom which is so weird to me. Even if I have it on the bottom rack. So the top is more browned than I would have liked but it still tasted so good. I just forgot to take a picture of the inside before it was all gone.

Cream Cheese Pecan Pie
1-9 inch uncooked pie crust
1-8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup dark Karo Syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 cup chopped pecans

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, salt, vanilla, and 1 egg until smooth. Pour into the crust:



Sprinkle with the chopped pecans:


Beat the 3 eggs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla until well blended. Gently pour over the pecans and cream cheese layer in the pie:

Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the middle is set. You may have to cover the crust with tin foil 20 minutes into the baking process so the crust doesn't burn. Cool for about 2 hours and store in the refrigerator.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks heavenly!