Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grilled Balsamic Chicken

Well, I actually made this delicious chicken a year ago and I cannot believe that I forgot to post this one. This is amazing- as in one of the best recipes for chicken that I have ever had. My husband whole heartedly agreed with me as well. If you are sick of always having hamburgers, hot dogs and regular grilled chicken with bbq sauce then step out on a limb and give this yummy healthy chicken a try you will not be disappointed. We served this with broiled(not boiled) zucchini and a baked potato.

Grilled Balsamic Chicken(for 6-8 chicken breasts)
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup dijon or spicy brown mustard(i have used both whichever you prefer use)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T. parsley
2 T. minced shallots or onion(don't go out and buy shallots if you don't have them just use onion I did)
1 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder or you could use fresh minced garlic as well
2 tsp Kosher salt or seasoning salt(I use Kosher salt)

Mix marinade ingredients together in a ziploc bag. Add the chicken breast and coat well with marinade. Let marinade in fridge for 4-6 hours. I make mine the morning we are going to grill so it marinades all day. Grill on your grill until cooked through.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't wait to try this one!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

This was terrific! I actually had to let it marinate in the fridge for 2 days since we ran out of propane....whoops! But we grilled it up last night and I loved it!