Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CHOCOLATE PUDDING

Sunday night we all needed a sweet treat. I wanted something that was quick and easy so I decided to try making pudding from scratch. I have never done it before and man it was really easy!! It turned out really good other than is was really dark chocolate flavored so next time I will use milk chocolate chips at the end instead of semi-sweet!! But if you love dark chocolate then make it with semi sweet or dark chocolate. My kids really loved this!! Plus you can't go wrong with REAL whipped cream on top!

Homemade Chocolate Pudding

3/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1/4 cup cornstarch

pinch of salt

3 cups of milk ~ I used 2% I don't know how it will turn out with 1% or skim. Try at your own risk

1/4 cup milk chocolate , semi-sweet or dark chocolate~we prefer milk

2 tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the milk and bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat, stirring. Once it is boiling turn the heat down to medium and cook,stirring until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Serve warm or chilled and with Real whipped cream. So yummy!!

This is the mixture before it started to boil!! Stir frequently to avoid clumps!!



2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Looks so yummy. Where did you get the recipe from? I love chocolate pudding and the whipped cream just puts it over the edge, yum!

redkimo said...

That looks so Good!!! I am going to have to give it a try.