Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Magic Bars

I found this recipe over at Picky Palate. She made these in little mini muffin tins but I decided I didn't want to have to divide all the different layers of batter in each one so I did it in a 9x13 inch pan and they turned out great. This was a great Idea on Jenny's part. I am so amazed with all the good ideas and recipes people come up with on their own. Thanks to Jenny and to all for sharing them with us. You must try these they were so great!!!

Pumpkin Spice Magic Bars adapted from Picky Palate

1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs(about 9 whole graham crackers crushed)
2 T. brown sugar
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
6 T. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Melted caramel and chocolate for drizzling on top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the butter, graham crackers, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes then remove from the oven. In a bowl beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Pour evenly over the crust in the pan. Next dump the chocolate chips over pumpkin layer then the pecans then the coconute and then pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove and let cool. Drizzle with Melted chocolate and caramel. Cut and enjoy. Store leftovers in the fridge!!


Doesn't that look yummy!! Believe me they are so tasty!!!

7 comments:

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

looks so so yummy! I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge. I am trying these today!!!

RazakFamily said...

I wish I was more of a cook. I always want to try your recipes...but never have about half the ingredients you call for! Wish you lived closer and I'd just stop by and eat yours :)

Hannah Eliason said...

Those look magical.

Romney Family said...

Jaci. I would so let you come over and have some if we lived closer.!!

Peggy Clyde said...

My, do those look delicious. I have enjoyed viewing your blog. You have many great recipes.

Unknown said...

Pumpkin Spice Magic Bars look so good. I have a great big pumpkin on my front porch for Halloween. Afterwards, I will prepare it and cook it and I will surely make the Magic Bars. Thanks and have a great day.

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

made these in the fall...loved them!