Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini Soup

 I have one more soup recipe for you all before it gets way too hot to make soup.This soup is very similar to my other tortellini soup that I have on here but a little bit different. It is very tasty. It is one of my hubby's favorite next to the Toscana soup I posted a month or so ago. I have made this soup twice and I made it a little bit different the second time because I was short on time and didn't have any homemade spaghetti sauce on hand and it didn't turn out quite as good as the first time. I recommend that you use homemade marinara or spaghetti sauce in this recipe. You will thank me later. Just plan on making it when you have some leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge that needs to be used. That is what I did the first time and it really  added to the flavor of the soup. Either way this soup is yummy and true comfort food!!!
 
 
Crockpot Cheese Tortellini Soup
1lb sausage or 1/2 ground beef 1/2 sausage
1 onion,chopped
7 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
3 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
1 (32 oz) box plus 1 can beef broth
1 (28oz)can crushed tomatoes w/basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 T. parsley
1 tsp basil
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix or roasted red pepper basil dip mix
8 oz cream cheese softened and cubed
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
19 oz cheese tortellini ,cooked
Brown the sausage/ beef till no longer pink. Add the onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper and garlic. cook 6-7 minutes or until veggies beginning to get tender. dump the sausage veggie mixture into a large crock pot and add all the ingredients except the spinach and tortellini. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high 3 hours. 20 minutes before you serve it add the tortellini and the spinach till heated through. Serve with warm rolls or breadsticks!!!

1 comment:

Gage said...

Made this yesterday. It was super good and made a ton.